Homemade Almond Cookie – CNY
- 100g of Ground Love Earth Lightly Roasted Almonds
- 150g of Love Earth All Purpose Flour
- 100g of Love Earth Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp of Baking Soda
- Pinch of Love Earth Himalaya Rock Salt for taste
- 100ml of Love Earth Rice Bran Oil
- 1 Large Beaten Egg yolk
- Sieve the flour, dark brown soft sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into mixer.
- Add the ground almonds to the flour/sugar mixture.
- On mixer on medium speed, slowly trickle in the rice bran oil into the bowl containing the flour/sugar/almonds. Mix until a cohesive dough forms. Adjust the amount of oil depending on the humidity/moisture levels – the aim is to reach a dough which is just able to hold it’s shape (and doesn’t crumble) when attempt to roll it into a ball.
- Heat the oven to 180’C.
- Roll the dough into ~2.5cm balls, and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper/a silpat mat. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly glaze the tops of the cookie balls with the beaten egg yolk.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cookies become slightly golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack, then tuck in.