Healthy Dried Fruit and Nutty Mooncake
Author: Ann Low Date Posted:5 October 2017
Mooncake Skin (Dough)
- 500g of Love Earth All Purpose/ Plain Flour
- 340g of Sugar Syrup
- 100g of Love Earth Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 Tsp of Alkaline Water
- 80g of Love Earth Natural Raw Walnut (Toast & Grind Coarsely)
- 80g of Love Earth Natural Raw Almond (Toast & Grind Coarsely)
- 60g of Love Earth Organic Pumkin Kernel Seeds (Toast)
- 60g of Love Earth Organic White Sesame (Toast)
- 60g of Love Earth Light Roasted Pinenut
- 60g of Love Earth Natural Cranberry (Cut into Tiny Pieces)
- 60g of Love Earth Natural Apricot (Cut into Tiny Pieces)
- 60g of Love Earth Organic Dried Australian Currant (Cut into Tiny Pieces)
- 60g of Love Earth Organic Dried Mulberry (Cut into Tiny Pieces)
- 60g of Love Earth Organic Dried Cherry (Cut into Tiny Pieces)
- 2 Tbsp of Love Earth Organic Sugar Cance
- 100g of Mooncake Kao Fen
- 1/2 Tsp Love Earth Himalaya Rock Salt
- 3 Tbsp of Fruit Jam (Can Be Any Flavor of Fruit Jam)
- 2 1/2Tbsp Love Earth Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 6 Tbsp of Water
- Prepare dough, combine sugar syrup, coconut and alkaline water together and blend well with a rubber spatula. Pour sugar syrup mixture into sifted flour and mix well to a soft dough. Cover dough and rest for 30 minutes.
- Prepare fillings ingredient first and mix them together in a bowl.
- Add all the taste ingredient into the mixed fillings - Add sugar, kao fen and salt to the fillings, mix well. Then add in any fruit jam, coocnut oil and water into it. Put on a plastic hand glove and mix the mixture well and shape it into 12 pieces ball shape OR put the dried fruits mixture in a small plastic bag, squeeze and turn it to a ball shape and set aside. **Not too tight as you'll find it very hard to shape the nutty filling in the mooncake mould later on.
- Lightly dust some plain flour on table and knead dough again till smooth. Measure dough to 55g each.
- Wrap the filling with the soft dough then dust some plain flour on it and place inside the mooncake mold, flatten dough to conform to shape of mould.
- To dislodge the mooncake, gently push out the unbaked mooncake and place on the lined baking tray, about 10 pieces on one tray, not too close for even baking.
- Baked in preheated oven 190C for 10 mins at the center rack of the oven and rest to cool down (about 5 mins) before egg wash mooncake with a soft brush and bake for another 10 mins at the lower rack of oven.
- Remove mooncakes from oven and brush some glaze on mooncake.