Date Posted:22 February 2018
- Start with cooking the chickpeas. Place them in a pot of water and bring to boil for five minutes. Turn the heat down and simmer for two hours until soft. Once done, drain the cooked chickpeas and remove their skin. Set aside.
- Separately, lightly roast sesame seed in a flat plan over small heat for about five minutes. Turn off heat and let them cool down.
- Once cooled, place sesame seed in food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add about 2 tablespoon of olive oil and process until mixture becomes buttery. If mixture is still dry, add more olive oil, one tablespoon at a time.
- Once sesame seed mixture is buttery, add lemon in and process to combine.
- Add minced garlic, cumin, paprika and ½ tsp salt into the food processor and process again to combine.
- Divide the cooked chickpeas into three batches.
- Add one batch of chickpeas and 1 tbsp of water into the food processor. Mix well.
- Repeat step 8 with subsequent two batches of chickpeas.
- If mixture if still coarse and dry, add more water one tablespoon at a time while the food processor is running.
- Finally, add salt to taste.