Traditional Diwali Nimki
Author: Ms Poonam Date Posted:19 October 2017
- 2 Cups of Love Earth Organic All Purpose Plain Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Ghee
- 1/2 Tsp of Love Earth Organic Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Pinch of Love Earth Himalayah Mineal Rock Salt
- 500ml of Love Earth Rice Bran Oil for fry
- 1/2 Tsp of Amchur Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Love Earth Organic Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Chaat Masala
- 1/2 Tsp of Love Earth Tumeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Caraway Seeds
- Place all purpose plain flour in a bowl. Add ghee, carom seeds, black pepper powder and salt. Add enough water and knead into a hard dough.
- Heat 500 ml oil in a kadai. Apply ½ tsp oil to the dough and make a long roll. Cut into equal pieces and shape into balls.
- Roll out each ball into a puri. Place a paneer slice in the centre and sprinkle amchoor powder, red chilli powder, remaining black pepper powder, chaat masala, turmeric powder, caraway seeds and salt. Fold the puri into a triangle.
- Deep fry the triangles in hot oil on low heat till golden brown.Drain on absorbent paper.
- Store in airtight container.